History of Lenawee County, Michigan - Book 2, Page 69



                                  Previous Page                    Next Page


MEMOIRS OF LENAWEE COUNTY BIOGRAPHICAL - CONTINUED
Frank S. Saxton, a substantial citizen of Blissfield, and the proprietor of the leading livery business there, was born on a farm in Whiteford township, Monroe county, Michigan. Dec. 13, 11874, the son of John S. and Rachel (Howenstine) Saxton. The mother was born in Wayne county, Ohio, Jan. 21, 1850, and the father at La Grange, Lorain county, Ohio, March 8, 1840. The latter served in the Civil war as a private in Company I, Second Ohio cavalry, and is now a farmer in Deerfield township. Five children were born to the parents. Albert H., the eldest, lives in Monroe county; .Bessie makes her home with her parents and teaches school ; James B. is a student in the course in forestry at the University of \Michigan, and Clara (Saxton) Bachmeyer lives in Trilby, Ohio. An ancestor of Mr. Saxton, Elias Saxton by name, drove a coach for Joseph Bonaparte, a brother of Emperor Napoleon, and when he retired was presented with eighty acres of land as a reward for his services. Frank S. Saxton, the subject of this sketch, received his earliest educational advantages in the common schools of Deerfield township, and in a four-years' course of study at Blissfield. Subsequently he was a student at the Tri-State Business College for two years. When he had completed his scholastic training he worked for a term on the canvassing board and then for five years was engaged in assisting his father in the conduct of the home farm. In 1905 he removed to Blissfield and embarked in the livery business, a venture which proved successful from the start. Besides this he is associated with his brother, Albert H. Saxton, -in the ice business under the firm name of the Saxton Bros. Ice Company. Mr. Saxton also devotes considerable attention to the real estate business and has met with such marked success that he is at present arranging his business so as to give the handling of realty his entire time and attention. In politics Mr. Saxton is a Republican, and in religious matters he attends the Presbyterian church. Fraternally he is identified with the Independent Order of Odd Fellows. On June 28, 1899, Mr. Saxton was united in marriage to Miss Bertha Palmer, born in Blissfield on Dec. 31, 1875, a daughter of George and Frances (Johnson) Palmer, the former of whom was born in New York state on Jan. r6, 11850, and the latter in the same state on June 24, 1848. Mrs. Saxton received her education in the schools of Blissfield and for six years prior to her marriage was a teacher in those schools. Three children have been the issue of the union of Mr. and Mrs. Saxton, namely: Ruth II., born June 14, 1900; Palmer G., born Dec. 24, 1902, and Wendell, born Oct. ii, J904. John B. Sherman. From his boyhood days Mr. Sherman has been a resident of Lenawee county, where he has won success and prestige as a progressive and reliable business man and publicspirited citizen, being now a member of the village council of Tecumseh, and an extensive buyer and shipper of live stock. Mr. Sherman was born in Ovid, Seneca county, New York, May 6, 1862, a son of John W. and Rebecca (Boyce) Sherman, both natives of New York state and both members of families founded in America in the Colonial days, the former born June 4, 1826, and died Sept. 22, 1905, and the latter was born April I8, 1837, and died March 8, 1905. Jesse Sherman, the paternal grandfather, was born July 14, 1795, and his wife, Eunice Williams, was born Oct. 31, 1793. The grandfather was a successful farmer in that beautiful lake district of the old Empire state, where he continued to reside until his death, which occurred on Oct. 14, 1859, His widow passed the closing years of her life in Lenawee county, dying Sept. 10, 1881. Jesse Sherman, the grandfather of John B., was the son of William N. Sherman, a New York pioneer, who died on Oct. 28, 1821. The maternal grandparents of the subject'of this review were Fulger S.. and Rebecca (Brooks) Boyce, both of whom were likewise natives of Seneca county, New York, where they passed their entire lives. Mr. Boyce was a mason by trade. Of their six children, three are living-James, George L. and Darwin C. James Boyce was born in Seneca county, New York, April 29, 1831, and was there reared to manhood. He leas a soldier in the Civil war, having enlisted in 1864 as a member of Company D, Fiftieth New York engineers, and served until the close of the war. In 1867 he came to Lenawee county, Michigan, where he has since been identified with agricultural pursuits, being one of the representative farmers of the county. He married Miss Isabel Cobert, and of their four children two are living-Morgan C. and George A. John B. Sherman, the immediate subject of this review, was six years of age at the time of the family removal from New York state to Lenawee county. He was reared to maturity on the homestead farm, in Macon township, where his parents settled in the year 1868. His father became one of the prominent farmers of this township, where he developed a good property, and both the father and mother maintained their home in this county 'until their death. Both passed to the life eternal in the year 1905, honored by all who knew them. They were members of the Methodist Episcopal church, and John W. Sherman was known as a stalwart supporter of the cause of the Republican party, though he never held public office except that of constable. Of the ten children, three sons and four daughters are living. The children of John W. and Rebecca (Boyce) Sherman, with date of birth and the deaths of those who have passed away, follow: Isa- belle, born July 5, 1856, died Aug. 22, 1886; Bloomfield, born June 8, 1858; Mary E., born May 18, 186o; John B. born May 6, 1862; Monroe S., born Feb. 26, 1864, died Aug. 14, 1865; Scott B., born May 20, 1866; Anna Kate, born June 21, 1869; Addie J., born April 12, 1873; Lester 0., born July 31, 1875, died June 19, 1go1, and Martha E., born Oct. 1, 1878. Of the above children the first six were born in the state of New York, and the last four in Michigan. John B. Sherman duly availed himself of the advantages of the district schools of Macon township until he was thirteen years of age, when he began the battle of life as a farm worker. His experiences were varied and duly strenuous, and he eventually became an independent farmer, operating a well improved farm in Macon township, and owns a well improved farm in Tecumseh township. At the same time he gave inception to his business of shipping live stock and the selling of beef at wholesale, so that he found ample demands upon his time and attention. He retired from agricultural pursuits in 1895 and has since devoted himself to the buying and shipping of live stock. He is an authority in values of stock and his discrimination, energy and insistent enterprise have enabled him to gain a high degree of success in his chosen field of endeavor. He is a Republican in his political proclivities, and as a citizen is essentially progressive, loyal and public-spirited. He is now serving his second year as a member of the village council of Tecumseh. His wife holds membership in the Methodist Episcopal church and takes an active interest in. the various departments of its work. On June 29, 1889, Mr. 'Sherman was united in marriage to Miss Lydia Gertrude Cummings, who was born and reared in the village of Tecumseh, a daughter of Ralph Spencer and Lydia Ann. (Liscomb) Cummings, the former of whom was born Nov. 25, 1834, in WThitestown, Oneida county, New York, and the latter Sept. 20, 1840, in Hudson, Mich. He came to Adrian at the age of seventeen, married March 6. 1861, and has since continued his residence in Tecumseh. He and his good wife became the parents of seven children, as follows, all of whom are married and live in or near Tecumseh : Irene L., Francis M.. Mary E., Gertrude L., Myrtie B.. Ralph S., and William H. Mr. and Mrs. Sherman have two children, Clarence Bell, born Oct. 2, 1889, who married Miss Mamie Smith, of Ridgeway, and resides in Tecumseh, and Leroy John, born Feb. 21, 1891. who was educated in Tecumseh, and at the age of fifteen engaged in the butchering and retail meat business iii his native village. Louis John Schultz, an enterprising young farmer of Palmyra township, was born on a farm in Riga township, on Nov. 8, 1874. the son of Frederick and Caroline (Spleatstasser) Schultz. 'Both parents were born in Germany, the father on Dec. 25, 1827, and the mother in March, 1834. The father came to this country as a young man and his first employment was as a farm hand in New York, whence he came to Lenawee county and settled in Riga township. Then he removed to Toledo, secured work with the Lake Shore & Michigan Southern Railway Company, and assisted in fencing the road through Lenawee county. His labors with that corporation brought him into Riga, township, where he made his headquarters during that time. Having saved a sufficient amount from his earnings, he determined to settle there and accordingly purchased ten acres of land. He gradually acquired more land until he had a well improved and equipped ped farm of eighty acres, and being able to realize a good profit by the sale of it he removed to Palmyra township and purchased another farm. Tine years later he exchanged that property for the farm which his son, Louis, is now operating and resided there until his death on Feb. 13, igoi. His widow now makes her home with Louis J., her youngest son. Six children were born to the parents. Bertha is the wife of Frederick Bay, of Adrian; Frederick, Jr., is a farmer in Ogden township; Elizabeth, now deceased, was the wife of Edward Staup. William resides in California. Augusta is the wife of Charles Rougett, and Louis John is the subject of this review. The last named received his scholastic training in the schools of Palmyra township and of Blissfield. Never in his life has he worked away from home. When he had become old enough he began to assist his father in the management of the farm and at the time of that parent's death the property came into his hands. Since then he has made an eminent success in his chosen field. He does a general farming business, devoting himself to no one branch of the science, and by the application of modern and improved methods has made the property one of the most valuable in the township. There are 240 acres in the farm, the better part of which is under cultivation. To his indefatigable energy, his determination and his inherent qualities of thrift and industry can be attributed the success which he has attained. In the matter of politics he is identified with the cause of the Democratic party, but has never sought public preferment for himself. Mr. Schultz is unmarried. Howard S. Mellott, the able and popular manager of the Morenci creamery, operated by the Ohio Dairy Company, has been the prime factor in building up the successful enterprise conducted in the local plant, and he is known as one of the progressive and loyal business men of the younger generation in Lenawee county. Mr. Mellott was born in Bedford county, Pennsylvania, July 31, 1974, a son of Thomas S. and Emma (Blankley) Mellott, both of whom were likewise born in Bedford county, where the respective families were early founded. Thomas S. Mellott became one of the representative farmers of his native county, where he was also engaged in the manufacturing of brick for many years, and he continued to reside in the old Keystone state until his death. His widow still maintains her home in Bedford county. They became the parents of six sons and eight daughters, and of the number the subject of this review was the fourth in order of birth. Thomas S. Mellott was a gallant soldier of the Union during practically the entire period of the Civil war. He enlisted in 1861 as a private in the Sixty-seventh Pennsylvania cavalry, and with this command he continued in active service until victory had crowned the Union arms, when he received his honorable discharge. He was an appreciative and valued member of the Grand Army of the Republic up to the time of his death, and his political support was given to the Republican party. Howard S. Mellott duly completed the curriculum of the public schools of his native county, and later he con-tinued his studies in turn in the Fayette Normal School, at Fayette, Ohio; the International College of Science, in the city of St. Louis, Mo., and the Toledo Medical College. He did not complete his med-ical course. As a youth Mr: Mellott was identified with agricultural.pursuits for some time, and for eight years he was employed in a cheese factory in Fulton county, Ohio, being manager of the business during the last two years. In 1904 he came to Morenci as manager of the local plant of the Ohio Dairy Company, which. is an incorporated. concern and which has maintained a branch iii Morenci since 1900. The present finely equipped establishment was completed in 19o5, and is modern in every particular. The plant has a capadty for the handling of 100,000 pounds of condensed milk per day, and an aggregate of more than 20,000 square feet of floor space is utilized. Mr. Mellott gives his undivided attention to this important enterprise and is a business nian of marked discrimination and executive ability. His political allegiance is given to the Republican party, and he is affiliated with the Morenci lodge of the Knights of Pythias. On Feb. 17, 1904, Mr. Mellott was united in marriage to Miss Mamie Barber, daughter of Albert and Dora (Hall) Barber, of Otokee, Ohio, and she presides most graciously over their pleasant home in Morenci. John W. Sell, one of the enterprising farmers of Ogden township, was born in Preston county, West Virginia, on Nov. 23, 1 He is the son of Enos and Elizabeth (Smith) Sell, the former born April II, 1820, and the latter. July 24, 1817. The father was a large landowner and a well known agriculturist of West Virginia, who spent all his life in that state, where his death occurred on March 3, Igoo. The mother took the long journey about 1866. Eight children were born to the parents. Samuel lives at Mt. Pleasant, Ohio; Margaret is the wife of Luther Knotts, of Tucker county, West Virginia; John W. is the subject of this memoir; Jacob is a farmer near Winchester, Va.; Sarah is the wife of Edward Dime, a farmer near Morenci, Mich.; Simon lives in Tucker county, West Virginia; Mary is the widow of Benson Stemple, and lives in Garrett county, Maryland, and Rachel died in infancy. John W. Sell attended the district school in the vicinity of his boyhood home and his scholastic advantages were limited to the courses afforded by that institution. During the Civil war he was a member of the state militia, but was never mustered into the United States service. He left the parental home when twenty years of age and was variously engaged until he came to Lenawee county in 1870. For two years after his arrival he was employed by various farmers and managed by thrift and industry to save sufficient of his earnings to purchase twenty acres of land in Ogden township, which he cleared and improved. Subsequently he disposed of that place and purchased the farm upon which he now resides. All of the iznpi-ovements on the property, including the draining, clearing, fencing and the erection of buildings are monuments to Mr. Sell's unceasing energy. Today he devotes himself to raising live stock and poultry, Holstein cattle, Poland China swine and Plymouth Rock chickens being his specialty. In the matter of politics he is allied with the Republican party, and as the successful candidate of that organization has served as school director and township treasurer. He has also represented Ogden township on the board of managers of the county fair for sixteen years. Fraternally he is identified with the Independent Order of Odd Fellows and the Rebekahs, and is the master of the State Grange at Ogden Center. On March 23, 1865, was solemnized Mr. Sell's marriage to Miss Margaret N. Roth, the daughter of John and Maria (Fredlock) Roth. both natives of Germany. Seven children have been the issue of this union. Henry E. is deceased; Emma E., deceased, was the wife of John Heckert; Walter A. lives in Fairfield township; William D. is a resident of Madison township; Alpheus J. lives at home; Lola is the wife of Manford Brown and resides at WWreston. Mich., and Hervy L. lives at home. John D. Shull was born in Huntington county, Indiana, Oct. 25, 1844. John Stephen Shull, his great-grandfather, leas born in Germany, came to America in 1i70, and located in Bucks county, Pennsylvania. John Peter Shull, his grandfather, was horn in Bucks county, Pennsylvania, May 5, 1775, and Jacob Shull, his father, was horn in Chambersburg, Franklin county, Pennslvania, March 24, 1803. Sarah (Diehl) Shull, his mother, was horn near Greencastle, Franklin county, Pennsylvania, Sept. I8, 1810. Jacob Shull and Sarah Diehl were married on Dec. 1, 1835. The following year they moved to Massillon, Ohio, and remained there until the spring of 1840, when the allurement of cheap "Congress lands" prompted their migration to Huntington county. Indiana, where Jacob Shull died on a farm in September, 1845, when the subject of this sketch was less than one year old. Sarah Diehl Skull, the mother, with three small children, returned to her ancestral home, from which she had gone as a bride eleven years before. There, in_ Franklin county, Pennsylvania, John D. Shull passed his youthful years at light work, attended district schools, and for three years was a student at the Chambersburg Academy. After leaving this institution he was engaged at learning the printer's trade, until stress of the Civil war. which surged around and about his home, prompted him to cast his lot with those who were battling for the preservation of our national integrity. His first military service was with the "Phil Kearny" infantry. He next joined "Lambert's Lancers," from which, by his own request, he was transferred to Company G, Eighth Pennsylvania cavalry, with which veteran regiment he served until the war ended. Participating in twelve important battles, he was wounded in the fight at Sailor's Creek, April 6, 1865, three days before Lee's surrender of the Army of Northern Virginia. He was honorably discharged from the United States service at Lynchburg, Va., June 27, 1865. The following winter he taught a district school in Huntington county, Indiana, after which he attended Bryant & Stratton's Commercial College at Chicago. After that for a time he was employed as a bookkeeper, first at Baltimore, Md., and later at Philadelphia, Pa. Next, he was engaged in the drug business from 1867 to 1883-two years at Frederick, Md., five years at Topeka, Iran., and nine years at Lansing, Mich. On Dec. I8, 1873, he married, at Tecumseh, Mich., Mary C. Adams, daughter of Hon. Peter R. and Cordelia M. Adams. Since midsummer, 1883, John D. Shull has continuously resided at Tecumseh, Lenawee county, actively identified with various interests-business, social and political. Prior to 1897 most of his time was occupied in supervising farming operations, which he truly enjoyed. Since that date he has been engaged mainly with business enterprises in Tecumseh village.. He was one of the organizers of the Tecumseh State Savings Bank, and also of the Anthony Fence Company, having served in the first directorate of both these institutions. A Republican in politics, he has been rewarded with numerous minor offices, having been an alderman in Lansing, a trustee in Tecumseh village, supervisor of Tecumseh township, and representative in the Michigan legislature, from the First Lenawee district, in the sessions of 1881-92. In 1897 he was appointed postmaster at Tecumseh, by President William McKinley. This office he resigned in February, 1899, to accept the position of treasurer and general manager for H. Brewer & Co., manufacturers of clay working machinery, which place he continues to occupy at this time (1909). For the past seven years he has been a member of the board of control of the state public school at Coldwater, in which institution he is deeply interested. He is an enthusiastic comrade of Beers Post, No. 140, Grand Army of the Republic; is affiliated with Tecumseh Lodge, No. 69, Free and Accepted Masons, and Chapter No. 42, Royal Arch Masons. To John D. and Mary C. 'Shall two children were born: Viola Adams, the elder, born at Lansing, Mich., Feb. 16, 18i9, eras a student at Painesville, Ohio, is now the wife of Faron S. Anderson, and resides at Tecumseh; Mary Edythe was born at Tecumseh, March 12, 1888; graduated at the Ann Arbor University school of music, with the class of 19o8, and now (1go9), is living with her parents in the village of her nativity. Arthur Smalley, the genial village blacksmith, of Blissfield village, was born in Seneca township, Lenawee county, April 28, 1871. He~is the son of Bloomer and Martha (Austin) Smalley,,both of whom were born in Seneca township, the former on Feb. 13, 1845, and the latter on Jan. 4, 1849. The mother passed away on Nov. 29, 1907, and the father, who tip to a few years ago was actively engaged in agricultural pursuits, has rented his farm and is now living retired at Morenci. Five children were born to the parents, the others besides the subject of this sketch being Rosa (Smalley) Franklin, living in Amboy township, Fulton county, Ohio; Lillie (Smalley) Bilor, of the same place; Frazey B., an engineer of Toledo, Ohio, and Fred D., who died on Nov. io, 1904, in Ogden township within twenty feet of the place where he was born.. Arthur Smalley received the limited education afforded by district school No. 6, of Ogden township, and for four years thereafter was engaged in farming. He then went to Lyons, Ohio, where he served an apprenticeship as a blacksmith, and then worked for a year at the trade in Weston, Mich. From there he removed to South Fairfield and embarked in the business under his own name, an enterprise which he successfully conducted for seven years. In 1901 he disposed of his interests there and came to Blissfield, where he opened a general blacksmithing shop on the main street of the village. He has come to have a reputation as one of the most skilled horseshoers in the county, and besides this he does a large business in repair work. Politically Mr. Smalley is allied with the Republican party, but has never sought public preferment for himself. Fraternally he is prominently identified with the Blue Lodge of the Masonic order, and the Independent Order of Odd Fellows. On Oct. 19, 1895, at Wauseon, Ohio, was celebrated Mr. Smalley's marriage to Miss Glendora Starks, born in Blissfield township on Nov. 8, 1879, a daughter of Horace and Minerva (Jones) Starks, both born in Sandusky, Ohio, and until fifteen years ago they were residents of Blissfield township, removing thence to Ogden township, where they now live. They had ten children: John, who died on Oct. 5, 1897; Esther E. (Starks) Ottgen, living in Adrian; Byron, who died at the age of twenty-one months ; Ollie Maggie (Starks) Patterson, who lives in Ogden township; Lester, living in Holloway, Mich.; Blanche May (Starks) Mosher, whose husband is a farmer of Fairfield township; Arthur G., a farmer in Ogden township; Rosena (Starks) De Lano, living in Adrian, and Finies, a farmer in Ogden township. To Mr. and Mrs. Smalley were born, on May 12, 1898, and April 27, 1905, respectively, two sons, Earl H. and Fred D. Charles H. Smith, one of the thrifty, progressive agriculturists of Blissfield township, was born in Rome township, Lenawee county, April 2, 1849. He is the son of Thomas and Mary (Mills) Smith, both natives of the British Isles. The father learned the trade of shoemaker in England, and was thus engaged until he came to Lenawee county in 1856. He purchased a farm of 160 acres in Cambridge township, but after a residence there of four years disposed of it and removed to Jonesville, Hillsdale county. Four years later he returned to Lenawee county, becoming first a resident of Madison township and later of Blissfield township, where he died in 1884. His widow passed away the following year. They were the parents of seven children: William, born Sept. 2, 1844; Annie E., April 12, 1847; Charles H., the subject of this sketch; Ella J., born Nov. 24, 1854; Abraham M., Dec. 12, 1857; Walter T., Dec. ig, 1861; George A., Sept. 14, 1864. Charles H. Smith attended first the public schools of Jonesville, and later the common schools of Blissfield township. For several years after he had completed his scholastic training he remained with his parents on the home farm, and in 18go purchased a farm in Summerfield township, Monroe county, Michigan. He continued in the successful management of that place until 1904, and after disposing of his Monroe county property in that year came to Blissfield township, where he purchased his present farm of eighty-five acres, some three miles from the village of Blissfield. Although Mr. Smith has been steadily aligned with the Democratic party he has never been an aspirant for political preferment. His only fraternal relations are with the Blue Lodge of the Masonic order, at Deerfield. On Feb. 15, 1861, in Whiteford township, Monroe county, was consecrated Mr. Smith's marriage to Miss Mary Strahan, born in Ireland on July 28, 1856, the daughter of Gordon and Mary J. (Craig) Strahan. Mr. and Mrs. Strahan were both born in County Antrim, Ireland, the former on Feb. 14, 1814, and the latter on Jan. 6, 1830. They came to America, in 1856 and for ten years resided in Canada. Subsequently they came to Macon township, Lenawee county, and nine years later removed to a forty-acre farm in Whiteford township, Monroe county, where Mr. Strahan died in March, 188r, and where his widow is still living. They were the parents of ten children, namely: John G., Anna B., Speer B., Sarah C., Marguerite J., Charles H., Thomas-'J., Martha (deceased), Emily R. and Mrs. Smith. Mr. and Mrs. Smith have had no children of their own, but they have legally adopted a nephew, George J., born Feb. 8, 1889, whose father was drowned in Lake Superior on Oct. 11, 1907, and no one could be the recipient of more affection or of better advantages than this adopted son. Several years before Mr. Strahan emigrated to America, in 1856, he made a prospecting tour to this country, visiting Toronto, Canada, Niagara Falls, Rochester, N. Y., where his brother, John, resides, and several other points, and would have located permanently, but owing to the death of his brother, James Strahan, the estates descended to Gordon, and he was compelled to return to Ireland and receive them. Soon after returning to Ireland he met and married Mary J. Craig, and decided to come to America and make it his future home. Charles L. Smith, an agriculturist of means, whose property lies in Deerfield township, is a native of Erie county, Ohio, where he was born on Feb. 20, 1863. He is the son of Luther and Caroline (Miller) Smith, the father born in New York, and the mother in Germany. The former left the Empire state while still a youth and located in Erie county, Ohio, where he was engaged in farming until 1864. In that year he removed to Blissfield township, Lenawee county, Michigan, and followed the same calling until his death in 1892. The mother now makes her home with a daughter, Mrs. Deckler, in Wyandotte, Mich. Five children were born to the parents. Adelma died at the age of four years; William is farming in Blissfield township ; Frank lives in Flint, Mich., and Carrie (Smith) Deckler, in Wyandotte, Mich. Charles L. Smith received his preliminary educational training in the' district schools of Blissfield township and rounded out his scholastic career by a course in Brown's Business University at. Adrian. From the time of the completion of his scholastic work until 1890 he was engaged on the farm with his father, and in the last mentioned year he removed to his present farm, where he has since been successfully and lucratively engaged. Since removing to his present farm he has purchased additional tracts of land adjoining and near his farm until he now owns and controls rob acres of finely improved land. Politically he is_ identified with the cause of the Republican party and as the candidate of that organization 'was elected supervisor of the township in the spring of 1905 and served one year. For the past six years he has been a member of the board of school directors of district No. 2, and is now serving his fifth year as a director of the Patrons Fire Insurance Company. Fraternally Mr. Smith is identified with the State Grange, the Independent Order of Odd Fellows, and the Gleaners. On Jan. 1, 189o, occurred Mr. Smith's marriage to Miss Mertice Hall, born in Blissfield township, March 12, 1868, the daughter of George and Emily (Munson) Hall, who are more particularly mentioned in the sketch of Willis Hall, appearing elsewhere in this volume. Three children have been the issue of this union, namely: Worthy, born Aug. 13, 1892; Weldon L., born Oct. 16, 1894, and Stanley G., born Jan. 13, 1897, all at home. The' eldest two are attending school.

                                  Previous Page                    Next Page



   NAVIGATION
 » Home
 » Contact Us
History of Lenawee County
published by The Western Historical Society in 1909. Book 1
Book 2

Please support our advertisers







History of Lenawee County
Lenawee History

Copyright © 2009-2017, Dominant Systems Corporation and others.
info@lenaweehistory.com